we offer the best
In-service training for your employees
If you are looking to improve your driver’s skills, comply with state or federal regulations, or seeking efficiency in your transportation business, The CDL School can be your solution. By choosing The CDL School, you are accessing over 47 years of driving training experience, and the professionalism of our training staff.
- Regulatory compliance, at its most fundamental, means ensuring that your drivers, fleet managers, and employees possess those minimum qualifications required to comply with state and federal regulations. At the most basic level is preparation for the CDL's written and skills test exams. The CDL School offers many programs to individuals that are highly suitable for corporations seeking to ensure that their drivers meet minimum licensing standards.
- In some cases, it is appropriate to design a custom training based solution, when your operation presents unusual or unique circumstances. Our expert Commercial Services Representatives can assist you with this. This solution building is free of charge and part of our initial fact-finding consultation.
- Once you are compliant with regulations, at certain times it’s more efficient to improve your workforce. The CDL School's driver improvements solutions can be of use. We have many commercially available courses designed to address the major factors that serve as the cause to Large-Truck Crashes: Defensive Driving, Hazard Identification and Prevention, Emergency Maneuvers, Health and Wellness, Speed and Space Management, and Public Relations.
- These products can be delivered both on our campuses, in your offices, or via our e-learning platform at www.ECDL2.COM and www.cdlschoolonline.com
Train your driver to avoid Large Truck Crashes
Hundreds of associated factors were collected for each vehicle in each crash. In descending order, the top 10 factors coded for large trucks and their drivers were:
Top Reasons for Large Truck Crashes
- Brake problems
- Traffic flow interruption (congestion, previous crash)
- Prescription drug use
- Traveling too fast for conditions
- Unfamiliarity with roadway
- Required to stop before crash (traffic control device, crosswalk)
- Over-the-counter drug use
- Inadequate surveillance
Possible Training solutions
- Vehicle systems, Pre-Trip inspection
- Hazard perception, Trip Planning
- Personal Health & Safety
- Speed Management, Rollover, Advanced Driver Training
- Trip Planning
- Trip Planning, Hazard Perception
- Speed Management, Hazard Perception, Advanced Driver Training
- Hazard Perception, Defensive Driving
I have a company & want to hire drivers -
How do I do this?
The CDL School is always looking for reliable, safe, and honest employers to hire our graduates.
We have recent graduates available as well as an alumni network of over 6000 actively employed drivers.