What is Troops Into Transportation?
Troops Into Transportation is an initiative created by The CDL School and its partner trucking companies.
- To place a meaningful number of service members annually into positions in the ground transportation industry.
- To be the primary conduit for service members to enter the transportation industry by 2015.
- To be the primary source for carriers seeking to hire military personnel.
- To help a meaningful number of service members obtain their CDL license each year.
- Our Typical Placement Position for service members (available to all MOS’s)
- 1st year earnings of $38,000-$45,000
- Full benefits package: medical, holiday, vacation, retirement
- 2nd year earnings $50,000+
- Offers diverse career advancement opportunities by leveraging military skills and knowledge
- Owner operator opportunities after 6 months
Unlike traditional higher-education or vocational programs we are a Job-First program. Service members apply for acceptance and an employability determination is made. Only then are they scheduled for training and immediate placement upon graduation.
DID YOU KNOW?
YOU CAN USE YOUR POST-9/11 GI BILL FOR TRAINING AT THE CDL SCHOOL, AND
EMPLOYMENT IN THE NATIONAL TRANSPORTATION INDUSTRY.
- The transportation industry has a serious demand for qualified entry-level drivers. This demand is increasing and exists because of:
- Many manufacturing jobs have been off-shored; consequently the US imports more consumer products,which need to be shipped and delivered by truck.
- Just in Time Delivery.More trucks are needed to serve as warehousing for our national supply chain.
- Experienced drivers are retiring and new drivers are needed to replace them.
- CNNreported in October 2011, some 400,000 qualified drivers will be required in the next few years.
- These jobs provide you with options for career progression such as becoming:-
- A driver trainer for new drivers coming in the industry.
- An owner operator,giving you the opportunity to have your own business under the large umbrella of a major carrier.
- An employee in the carrier’s terminal, in logistics, recruitment and administration.
- A local or dedicated driver once you have obtained intial experience of 3-6 months.
- NO RELOCATION is necessary.
- Your options to get into the industry are:-
- To apply for admission and be pre-hired for the job, once you complete the certified training course and earn your diploma and your CDL you will go straight to work, This can happen in less than 30 days from now.
- You can select one of our other VA approved training programs,which will give you the qualifications to enter the industry, and obtain your CDL Class A, B, Bus license
- If you are an existing CDL Holder, we can have you pre-hired and then certify you in an abbreviated program to meet your new employer’s requirements.
- How do you GET STARTED?
- CONTACT US TODAY!
- You attend one of our frequent live or online orientations when we explain fully the industry and the career opportunity.
- Schedule an interview with one of our admissions advisors, either online or in person and complete an application Once your application is accepted by our admissions panel, you will attend a second in-person or online meeting to complete the enrollment and matriculation process if you chose to use them at our school.
- for more information watch the video entitled THE CDL ADVANTAGE
Who is the CDL School, Inc.?
- The CDL School’s heritage dates back to 1963 and is headquartered in Miami, Florida.
- The School is licensed and approved by the appropriate agencies where we operate schools
- The School operates 4 offices
- The CDL School is nationally recognized as a high quality full service commercial driving school.
- Full Service means, if it involves a Commercial Motor Vehicle (CMV) then the answer is…YES we can!
- If it involves, training or testing in any class of commercial motor vehicle The CDL School can do it for you.
The CDL School Advantage
|Advantages||Why this is important to You?|
|Organized, flexible, and effective schedules||You know when you start and when you will finish|
|State of the art training and testing facilities||Limited distractions and more focus during your training program|
|Classroom, Vehicle, and online Training||We use all resources to maximize your learning time|
|Our Regimented training approach called CDOR||A proven training approach that has worked for hundreds of thousands of students|
|We employ Experienced, Licensed, Training Staff||The experience you need to learn from|