CDL Vehicle Classes And Required Exams
|CDL License||Class A||Class B||Class BP(S)||Class C|
|Type of Vehicle|
|Knowledge Exams Required (Core tests)||General Knowledge Air Brakes Combination Vehicles||General Knowledge Air Brakes||General Knowledge Air Brakes Passenger Transport School Bus||General Knowledge - Passenger Transport - Hazardous Materials - School Bus|
|Skills Exams Required||Pre-Trip Basic Control Skills On-Road Driving||Pre-Trip Basic Control Skills On-Road Driving||Pre-Trip Basic Control Skills On-Road Driving||Pre-Trip Basic Control Skills On-Road Driving|
Steps Required To Obtain A CDL
- 1Pass the CDL Knowledge Test (Written Exam)
- 2Pass the CDL Skills Exam (Driving Exam)
Passing The CDL Knowledge Exam
Passing the CDL Knowledge Exam
Ways to do this
- 1On your own, study the manual, and take the exam at your local Driver License exam Office
- 2In our live class - 10 4-hour class sessions in one of our local offices.Instructor explanation, practice questions and answers.
- 3Online - with internet access you can practice and study for up to 21 days.
Passing the CDL Skills Exam
There are 3 parts to the CDL Skills Exam, Please consult with you local CDL office for specific skills exam testing requirements in your area. Once you pass the knowledge exam you then must take a skills (Driving) exam in order to receive your CDL.